The NexiGo AutoFocus 1080p Webcam is a high-quality web camera that is featured in our list of best webcams for working from home. In this article we take an in-depth review of this Nexigo webcam and present the key findings.
If you’re in a rush, we’ve summarised the key Pros and Cons for your quick review:
- Has a unique feature of automatic focus
- ncludes Privacy Cover
- Built-in Microphone & Noise Cancellation
- USB Webcam Plug and Play
- Compatible with multiple operating systems
- Needs adjustment to get it looking right
- 65-degree wide angle view is a bit too wide
- Some users report compatibility issues
Full Nexigo Webcam Review
Features and Benefits
- HD Webcam 1080p Autofocus: The autofocus feature ensures your videos are always sharp and crystal clear whilst also allowing you to turn it off when needed.
- Lighting: The automatic light-adjusting and balancing feature in this webcam uses special sensors to detect your surroundings’ lighting. It will choose the best lighting settings depending upon the conditions and your surroundings.
- Noise Cancellation: The built-in noise cancelling microphone reduces background noise so that your voice comes through more clearly. With the WFH boom, reducing background noise for conference calls has become ever important!
- Display: This Nexigo 1080p webcam is a full HD video camera. You will be able to record the stream of your video at the pixel quality or ratio of 1920×1080 pixels. The frame rate that this webcam can maintain while video calls are 30 fps. The 65 degrees wide viewing angle helps you to get a better range of viewing angles.
- Privacy Cover: As a rule of thumb (regardless of what webcam you use), you should always turn your webcam off when not using it; this is why a privacy cover is a useful feature to strengthen security and potential hackers.
- 360 Degree Adjustable Rotation: With a built-in 360° rotation (both right and left), you can easily move the camera to any angle you need.
- Foldable: This webcam is easy to carry and transport as it has a foldable design with an extra-long wire or cord. This wire will allow you to set up the camera far away from your laptop, and you will still be able to use it.
Our Testing and Analysis:
We tested this webcam on a number of video conference calls and it was pretty straightforward. In fact, one of our testing measures was to ask a number of conference call participants on the quality of video from the set webcam. The process involved testing multiple webcams on the same call with the same participants and asking them directly on how they ‘see us’ – this NexiGo AutoFocus 1080p Webcam scored well and hence why it was listed as one of the best webcams for WFH.
What Others Say:
Our opinion is just one opinion. This is why we also scrutinise reviews of other verified customers on Amazon to gauge the general consensus. At the time of writing:
So that is significant with just under 17k reviews on Amazon and 88% giving 4+ rating. One of our criteria is that 4+ star reviews must be greater than 80%. We also read the 1/5 reviews to see whether there were any common complaints, which there wasn’t. For example, if there were multiple 1 star reviews due to bad compatibility then that’d be a concern and a red flag, i.e. a common reason given for the bad rating.
The end story, therefore, is that there are 1000s of satisfied customers and good feedback overall.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you use this NexiGo webcam with a Tripod?
The webcam does not come with a Tripod, but it can be easily used with a standard size Tripod.
2. How do I turn off the autofocus feature?
There will be slightly different instructions depending on your operating system, but rest assured it is easily possible to turn autofocus off. Simply refer to the user manual.
3. Is there a warranty?
Yes. The product comes with a 1-year warranty.
Considering all of the above, the NexiGo 1080p Webcam is a solid webcam choice and at a good price point. The quality of the video, autofocus feature, widespread compatibility and ease of installation (plug and play) leads to us safely recommending this webcam (whether you need it whist WFH or for personal use). Furthermore, it is tagged as ‘Amazon’s Choice’ meaning Amazon themselves endorse this Nexigo webcam (“Amazon’s Choice highlights highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately”.)