This Gesma webcam was the first recommended webcam in our list of best webcams for WFH. It sits in the mid range price bracket at around $34.99 with a lot of good features that makes it stand out. In the same usual format for our product reviews, we take an in-depth review of this Gesma webcam with microphone and present the results below.
In a rush? Check our summarised Pros and Cons for a quick review:
- 3D Denoising Webcam with Microphone
- 1080p quality allows for full HD recording and streaming
- Rotatable Streaming Webcam
- USB Webcam Plug and Play
- Compatible with multiple operating systems
- Only works with USB 2.0 ports
- Claims of 110 degrees field of view are not true
- Not the best audio from the webcam
Full Gesma Webcam Review
Features and Benefits
- High-definition: This webcam can capture and display fully high-definition video and images. The pixel ratio or distribution on this webcam is 1920×1080 pixels. You can use this webcam for YouTube video capturing, video calling over zoom or skype.
- 3D Denoising Webcam with Microphone: built-in noise reduction microphone filtering out background noise automatically, enabling you to enjoy clearer voice for hassle-free communication.
- Plug And Play: You get a USB 2.0 port in this webcam. This webcam is different from other traditional models as it also captures your sound along with your video. You won’t need to install separate drivers or software to run this camera. It is a lightweight webcam with a total weight of 5.9 pounds.
- Ergonomic: You can choose the optimum viewing angle with this webcam as it has a rotating and adjustable design. This webcam can rotate up to 90 degrees. Due to this feature, you can choose to connect this device to tripods and other such devices.
- Compatible: easily connect to your laptop or desktop. The process of joining this device to your laptop or computer is pretty simple and easy. If you are into gaming, then you can even connect this camera to your PlayStation or Xbox.
Our Testing and Analysis:
Just like our testing for all other webcams, we used this Gesma 1080p webcam during several video conference calls and asked for feedback from participants on how ‘visible’ we were. In all honesty, it was a bit tricky getting the image settings right for a good quality image. Once we adjusted the settings for improved image quality it was all good and we had no complaints from any of the conference call participants.
What Others Say:
As part of our reviews, we also scrutinise reviews of other verified customers on Amazon to gauge the general consensus. At the time of writing:
The Gesma webcam with microphone has just under 16k reviews on Amazon and 85% giving 4+ rating. One of our criteria is that 4+ star reviews must be greater than 80%. We also read the 1/5 reviews and there does seem to be a few disgruntled users who left negative feedback – a lot of them state that the company offered them refunds/gift cards which is good but don’t condone asking users to ‘remove negative reviews’ (we can’t obviously verify this information but felt it worthwhile mentioning here.
Having said this, there are 1000s of satisfied customers and good feedback overall which is the most important thing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does this device have a lens cover?
Quick answer is no – you’ll have to buy this separately.
2. How can I mount it to my laptop?
This can be a little tricky but with some balancing you can mount it on your laptop – the only thing that really keeps it in place is the no-slip surface.
3. Is there a warranty?
Yes. The product comes with a 1-year warranty.
With all the above considered this Gesma 1080p Webcam is a good value webcam – for the price of $34.99 and what you get, we’d recommend buying it. Obviously, if you can spend a reasonable amount more, you’ll be able to get a higher quality webcam. The quality of the video, widespread compatibility and ease of installation (plug and play) helps us to safely recommending this webcam.